Monday, March 7, 2011

"The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and actualizer. He can visualize something, and when he visualizes it

he sees exactly how to make it happen" - Robert L. Schwartz


It has been my pipe dream for as long as I can remember, to open up my own bakery/cafe and "towny" shop. I don't really know what to classify it as but I envision it having a pastry cabinet, people placing orders for baked goods, and old timers in the town hanging out and gossiping while drinking their coffee and eating. I also see the walls lined with things the towns people have made as well as eccentric items you would only be able to find in a hole in the wall place such as this. From homemade chapstick, to knitted blankets and wooden rocking chairs, it would be a place where people could lose themselves for hours on end, either catching up with old friends, people watching or curling up with a book they have pulled off of one of the shelves.

I really hope that some day this vision becomes a reality for me. It is something I have thought about for a long time. I have even had the carrot of opportunity dangled in front of me a few times and there is always something that doesn't go as planned. I guess I could just argue that this means that it's not the right time or the right place yet. For now, I suppose it's on to focusing on school and waiting for the right opportunity to come around.

Image credit goes to: these guys

No comments:

Post a Comment